PALUPA Medical is a Startup built by three Scientists (Dr. Marios Pantzaris, Mr. George Loucaides and Dr. Ioannis Patrikios), with the support of Helix Business Incubator, a high-tech innovation incubator. The company was founded in 2006 and the initial goal was to design, plan, and execute a pioneering and innovative research program to support the treatment of Multiple Sclerosis (MS) by investigating the safety and therapeutic effect of a novel and innovative nutritional formula. During the initial period, the company got involved in designing and executing all components of the Drug Development Process such as:
- Application and approval by the Cyprus National Bioethics committee to perform clinical studies on Humans
- Design and execution of Clinical Trials
- Collection and Evaluation of Results
- Final Reports and Dissemination of Results
- Patent application with the USPTO and a PCT
The company continues its activities as a research and innovation company. At present we are involved with the Phase III randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind, multicenter clinical trial (the “MINERAL” study) of efficacy and safety; the final stage of the intervention development.
Furthermore, PALUPA Medical is involved in the research of other chronic auto-immune, neuron-degenerative deceases such as Parkinson's, Alzheimer etc.